An Applicant for the Cosmetology, Manicurist, or Facial Specialist/Esthetician courses must be at least seventeen (17) years of age, physically able, and have the ability to benefit from the training of the course. ADA certified applicants must verify disabilities prior to enrollment.
Students with Disabilities (Section 504 Regulations)
Accommodations will be made on a case by case basis by the school for students with disabilities. It is however the responsibility of the person with disabilities to inform the admissions department in writing of the nature or extent of the disability at the time of enrollment. The student will need documentation to include:
- (a) a diagnosis of the disability including a date of the diagnosis,
- (b) how the diagnosis was reached
- (c) credentials from the diagnosing professional
- (d) information on how your disability affects your academic performance
The school will need to be informed at least (4) weeks in advance of the date needed. Upon receiving the documentation, a reasonable effort by the school official will be made to accommodate the student’s needs to satisfy admission requirements, course completion, or graduation requirements.
The ability to benefit from training will be determined by verification of the following:
- High School Diploma
- G.E.D. certificate
A transfer applicant from another school must comply with parts A, B, and C of this section and:
- must be withdrawn from the previous school attended and verified by the state transcript of hours.
- must supply the school with a transcript from the previous school showing satisfactory grades and attendance. Credit for theory and practical requirements will be transferred only when the school has received a certified copy of the transcript from the previous school.
- must have rendered, or made arrangements to render, tuition owed to the previous school.
- make arrangements to pay for the enrollment fees and tuition for the remaining hours toward completion of the course.
An applicant for the Instructors Course must be at least eighteen (18) years of age, have a high school diploma or its equivalent (G.E.D.), and a current Texas Operator’s License or Specialty License. An Instructor applicant must furnish the school, if possible, with attendance records from the school they attended on the cosmetology course for proof of regular attendance. An applicant for the Instructor course must be current on any repayment of previous financial aid or have made arrangements with their lender(s). An applicant must prepare and write a 300 word essay on “Why I would like to be a Cosmetology Instructor” before an appointment for interview with the Director of Education will be scheduled.
Part-time course enrollments; call for availability.